Steven N. Cole, LLC is a Phoenix divorce and family law firm with many years of experience in working with local clients. If you are facing an issue involving alimony and spousal support, then you need to ensure that you have the necessary resources on your side to help you achieve the outcome that you need. With the right lawyer, you can rest assured that we will build a case designed to help you obtain the results that you need, whether you require additional financial support or easier payments.
When you choose to work with our experienced divorce attorneys, you will receive effective representation. We implement all of the following aspects into every case that we handle:
- Proven methods of representation
- Two decades of experience
- Personal and individualized attention
Our legal team is dedicated to the success of our clients, and you can rest assured that we will work closely with you every step of the way. If you need to decrease your alimony payments or you are receiving benefits but you need these adjusted, our firm can help. It is important that you understand the laws concerning this issue and that you have effective legal help on your side.
No party in a divorce case is guaranteed an award for spousal maintenance, but either party can request these payments. When it comes to determining which party should be ordered to pay, the judge can make this decision after assessing a variety of factors that are based on the principle of fairness.
Factors that the judge will consider include:
- Current standard of living
- Duration of the marriage
- Each party’s age
- Each party’s health
- Each party’s income
- Each party’s earning capacity
- Each party’s personal resources
The judge will also take into consideration the contributions that both parties have made to the marriage. Every person has a unique situation and will require the knowledgeable guidance of our firm. Contact us today for legal assistance navigating an alimony case!
Alimony can only be awarded prior to the finalization of the divorce. If you fail to request alimony as part of the divorce, you cannot go back and do so later.
Different types of alimony can be awarded, which include:
- Alimony pendente lite – The court can award alimony pendente lite between the initial filing of divorce and the time that the divorce is made final. This type of alimony is used during divorce to maintain the standard of living established during the marriage.
- Rehabilitative alimony – Time-limited alimony is called rehabilitative alimony. It supports the recipient while he or she goes back to school.
- Permanent alimony – Only in rare circumstances can you receive permanent alimony, which has no specific end point.
There is much more to the legal issue of spousal maintenance and it is crucial that you have an attorney on your side that can help you understand your options and pursue the support that you need for your future.
Receive the legal help that you need from our divorce attorney in Phoenix. Our founding lawyer has more than 20 years of experience helping clients navigate their cases. We also offer weekend and evening appointments, as we understand the difficulties associated with time management and family law issues. When you need personalized representation and compassionate legal assistance, contact our firm. Call for a case evaluation so that you may obtain some information and insight into your case.